Your morning routine will determine the rest of your day!
Like most people, I am way more productive in the morning. After I get home from work all I want to do is flop on the couch and binge watch TV (but we all know that this doesn’t happen especially if you have a partner or kids).
Thats why I exercise as soon as I wake up. This way my brian has less time to think of 101 excuses as to why I should go for a run. If I go outside first thing in the morning I feel fresh, energetic and rejuvenated. The early morning sun lifts me up and the cool breeze keeps me awake.
DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER AND WHAT TIME I WORK I LIKE TO GO FOR A RUN OR I DO YOGA BEFORE I START MY MORNING ROUTINE.
7:00 – After I exercise and have a shower I make a fresh juice or smoothie with chia seeds, ginger, almond milk /coconut water and fresh fruit or veggies.
7:20 – I drink my breakfast out in my backyard or on the balcony and soak up the suns vitamin D. While I’m in the sun I like to meditate for a few minutes focusing on grounding and being present in the moment.
Or I make a warm lemon and ginger tea if its raining outside.
(Lemon and ginger tea boosts your immune system & reliefs digestion)
7:40 – Then I get dressed and before leaving I make my bed and clean up the house a bit depending on how much time I have left.
FOR ME, CLEANING IS A REJUVENATING & STRESS RELIVING PROCESS. WHEN YOU GET RID OF UNWANTED THINGS SUCH AS MESS & RUBBISH YOU ALLOW THIS SPACE TO BE CLEAR SO NEW THINGS CAN MANIFEST.
1 MINUTE JOBS:
- Chuck or sort through your mail & bills
- Give your kitchen a wipe down or pack the clean dishes away
- Take the Trash out
- Pick up any clothes left around your room
- Tidy the kitchen table
- Simple make your bed
Here are 5 Ways to Improve your Morning Routine
- Write down some different exercises you can do each morning depending on the weather and time. This can be as simple as a few morning stretches and star jumps.
- Reflect on what you consume each morning. If you are eating a very sugary or greasy diet maybe think about a healthier option. You don’t want to start each day with digestion issues.
- Do you have a balcony or backyard? If you do, why not spend a few munities each morning out there. Natural light has many advantages such as aiding in mood and perception and enabling the performance of tasks. If you don’t have a balcony or a backyard you can open up all the blinds in your home and allow this natural light to brighten up your morning.
- As I mentioned above cleaning my home relives stress and feels rejuvenating. If you don’t have a lot of time in the morning to clean the house remember my “1 minute jobs”.
It’s surprising how many things we put off that we could get done in two minutes or less.
For example, washing your dishes immediately after your meal, tossing the laundry in the washing machine, taking out the garbage, cleaning up clutter, sending that email are simple 1 minute jobs you can integrate into your morning routine.
Since we are all unique individuals we will all have a different routine that suits our lifestyle and environment.
Make sure you give yourself at least 20 minutes a day to prepare your mind, body and soul for the day ahead of you. This might mean waking up 20 minutes earlier or preparing lunches the night before.
Start creating healthy morning habits today!!
Let me know in the comments below what you have integrated into your morning routine