I woke up today feeling a bit sick and under the weather. I thought I was catching a cold yesterday and spent the whole day in bed.
I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and saw black rings around my eyes from oversleeping and my gut was growling at me for not eating as healthy as I could have. My body was still weak from the fevers yesterday and my hair looks like a rats nest.
Lets just say I’m not in the best state at the moment.
So I decided that its time for a spa day!!
But, there is one little problem….
Spa days are very expensive.
And that’s when I thought it was time to create my own “homemade spa day”.
Step 1: Date and Time
If we are going to do this properly we need a date and time.
Next Saturday: 9am – 3pm.
(Make sure you have the house to yourself)
Step 2: What to bring?
- Epsom salts
- Scented candles
- Face mask
- Favourite book
- Relaxation music
- Body scrubs
- Prepare home baked snacks
- Meditation Lavender bag
- Favourite tea
- Organic shampoo and conditioner
- Flowers or something from nature
Step 3: prepare the house
Make sure you prepare the house before you start your spa day. This means completing any housework the day before. Make sure you have arranged that you are alone for the entire day. If you have kids organise a sleep over. If you have a partner make sure he or she is going to stay out for the entire day and if you have pets make sure they are feed before your spa day begins.
Step 4: Set up
Now that you know you will not be distracted by anything or anyone it is time to set the atmosphere. Pick some music. Collect something from nature. Have some beautiful smells burning and prepare food that all match one theme.
For example, if you pick a tropical beach theme you might like to make a playlist with relaxing waves crashing, collect some driftwood or shells and burn a candle that reminds you of the sea. You could then buy some tropical coconuts and make yourself a tropical fruit platter. The ideas are endless. A great website to find inspiration is Pinterest.
Step 5: Relax and rejuvenate
Its time to relax and enjoy
- Have a long bath with Epsom salts
- Scrub your body with beautiful organic body scrubs and relax with a face mask
- Drink your favourite tea or cocktail and smell the rejuvenating scents burning around your house
- Right down what your grateful for and some goals you would like to accomplish
- Clear your mind with a 60 minute meditation and place a beautiful lavender scented bag over your eyes
- Paint your toenails and fingernails
- Read an inspiring book
- Rug up on the couch with some homemade food and watch a film
- End your day with a long walk outdoors and watch the sunset
I would love to hear how your homemade spa day went. Let me know if you try it down below in the comments.